zaterdag 20 november 2010

Working with TPACK

In the course Petra gave us a questionnaire about how we use technology. Before, during and after the course I was thinking about the way I use technology. I was aware that I don’t use technology or ICT in my lessons. Nowadays I’m teaching on a school for children with the age of 2,5 years till 4 years. I don’t give so much instruction as a teacher on a primary school and we don’t have the facilities. When I’m looking back at my internship as a teacher on primary schools I don’t use technology either. What’s my problem? I think I just want to give the lesson as it was written in the lesson plans. Of course you’ll be creative and you’ll give the lessons on your own way, but not with technology. I think it goes wrong on the teacher education. We did not get any lessons in how to use technology or ICT. Or maybe I forgot it.. If I did forget it, the lessons were not so interesting.
I think a little bit of anxiety to try new things is also a problem.

Conclusion
After the courses of TPACK and the designing of a development program for teachers I think I can use ICT in my lessons. First I thought showing a video is technology, but after the course I do not agree with that anymore.
The lessons of TPACK made me more conscious how to integrate technology and made me more secure that I can do that even if it is not written in the original lesson plan.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten